Wednesday, September 12, 2007

FIRST DROP
Zoe Sharp
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
Yearly Count: 83



Charlie Fox (female) is a former British Army Soldier who has left the service due to extreme circumstances. She decides to take on a job in Florida as a bodyguard for a 15 year old boy named Trey. From the get-go the job starts out with a bang. It continues to entangle others as Charlie tries to answer the question as to why she's protecting Trey in the first place.

The first half I found to be very good. The pace was quick, intriguing and I enjoyed meeting Charlie. Although, as I continued, some of the characters (Trey's group of friends) began to grate on me. Also, there seemed to be just too many characters and I began to get mixed up. I did take a while to read this, so possibly the time between pick-ups aided in my memory lapse, but even so, that's not good when that happens.

In the long run, I liked this *first in a series well enough to give it a "second shot", which happens to be the title of the next book in the Charlie Fox series. If the cast of characters is more mature, I think we'll be good.

*Recommended By: Lesa's Book Critiques


*OOPS! I did it again. I just discovered that this, in fact, is NOT the first in the Charlie Fox series. Amongst many other tidbits of info, I found out that Charlie is the nickname for Charlotte. Well, this can now stay on my First in a Series Challenge list of possibilities with a readjusted #1 title. :)


ADDENDUM:
For the time being, I'm going to leave well enough alone and just stick with this book (First Drop) as the first in the series because the others are not available in the U.S.A.

4 comments:

  1. Charlie sounds like an interesting character. I think I wil wait to see how you like the others before adding them to my list. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Framed ~ I think I'll like the others, I just didn't like all the characters in this storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, Charlie becomes even more interesting as the series goes on. Zoe Sharp slowly reveals more about Charlie, her background, and her relatinships, in the next books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesa ~ Oh good. :)

    I'm so confused as to the order of these books. Do you know?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!