Sunday, October 21, 2007

2nds Challenge

SIX BAD THINGS
Charlie Huston
Personal Rating: 4.5/5
Yearly Count: 99




Six Bad Things is the second book in the trilogy of Henry (Hank) Thompson; the first being Caught Stealing, which was my first book post of this blog. I'm so glad I finally read this. Even though it had its ups (greater character development and chase scenes) and downs (mafia style violence), I really liked how it slowly dragged me back into his trail of torment and had me quickly turning the pages. I most definitely did not like some (actually most) of Hank's actions, but somehow I ended up rooting for him anyway.

The book has a hard-core money-chasing plot with an assortment of bad guys and a messed up lead character which provided quite a ride, but the language and violence were sometimes difficult to stomach. It did end on an interesting note, so we're all set up for the final book: A Dangerous Man. I hope I get to it sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

  1. I added the first one to my list after you reviewed it. Good to hear the second is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations in advance for making it to 100 books this year! I know you'll have that 100th one soon.

    Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi ~ They have a lot of shooting scenes, especially the first one, but I think you'd like them. I like this one more than the first.

    3M ~ Thank you! I've never read so many books in my life!!! :) It's been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!