Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Book Awards Reading Challenge (Newbery)

THE WITCH OF BLACKBIRD POND
Elizabeth George Speare ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
Yearly Count: 95




This is another children's book that I've always had an interest in and finally had the opportunity to squeeze it into the line-up. Listening to books on my iPod has really broadened my ability to get to more books on my TBR list. I accomplish tasks and cross books off my list . . . love it!

Due to Kit's dire circumstances, she travels from Barbados to Connecticut, 1867, to live with relatives that she's never met. As she's adjusting to an unfamiliar lifestyle, Kit befriends a woman who the community believes to be a witch.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 PM

    You're reading all my old faves! I had no idea our elementary school library was stocked with so many award winners either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie K ~ I feel a little silly, but I'm so glad I have finally read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one I've got on a challenge list, too, and I've really been looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi ~ I think you'll like it. It was a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!