Wednesday, October 10, 2007

2008 TBR Challenge

COMPLETED:  September, 2008


Hosted By: Mizbooks
(January - December, 2008)



1. The Nazi Officer's Wife (Beer)


2. The Monkey's Raincoat (Crais)


3. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down (Fadiman)


4. The Perfect Husband (Gardner)


5. The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax (Gilman)


6. Ashes to Ashes (Hoag)


7. A Prayer for Owen Meany (Irving)


8. If I Am Missing or Dead (Latus)


9. New Moon (Meyer)


10. Anne of Green Gables (Montgomery)


11. The Bluest Eye (Morrison)

12. A Child Called "It" (Pelzer)


ALTERNATES:

1. Booked to Die (Dunning)
(Finished: June, 2008)

2. The Wild Girl (Fergus)

3. The Rest Falls Away (Gleason)

4. Tilt-a-Whirl (Grabenstein)

5.
Chasing Fireflies: A Novel of Discovery (Martin)

6. Atonement (McEwan)
(Finished: April, 2008)

7. The Opposite House (Oyeyemi)

8. Naked in Death (Robb)
(Finished: March, 2008)

9. Gallows View (Robinson)
(Finished:  September, 2008)

10. The House Next Door (Siddons)

11. Any Bitter Thing (Wood)

12. I Am the Messenger (Zusak)

5 comments:

  1. I can't think about this challenge yet! I can barely keep up with the challenges I'm in now. LOL

    That's a great list, Joy. You've got a good mixture of books there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good list. I can't wait to hear what you think of "Owen Meany". It's one of my favorites, so odds are you are going to hate it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literary Feline ~ I felt like the list was hanging over my head, so I needed to get it finished. I'm looking forward to my choices and seeing yours.

    Kookie ~ I don't think we have been totally opposite, just off of that middle ground. I appreciate your differences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:18 PM

    Owen Meaney is one of my husband's favorite books...I've not read it yet. I've also got A Child Called "It" on my list...neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny ~ I'm really looking forward to reading Owen Meany. Thanks for the encouragement! We'll have to compare notes on A Child Called "It". :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!