Tuesday, November 06, 2007

2nds Challenge

THE DEATH COLLECTORS
Jack Kerley
Personal Rating: 4/5
Yearly Count: 105




This book is the 2nd in the Carson Ryder Series. It was my 2nd read by Jack Kerley and just as enjoyable as his first, The Hundredth Man.

The Death Collectors introduced me to something that never even crossed my mind ... people collecting serial-killer memorabilia. Is that true? Do people outside of fictional stories actually do that? I’m suspecting yes, due to the fact the often times truth is stranger than fiction, but that concept is totally new to me and leaves a lingering creepy feeling.

My experience with Carson and his partner, Nautilus, created many grins and a few chuckles, as well. I thought the plot was interesting, but I didn't find anything outstanding jump off the pages. I’m okay with that though. It was still a very good read and I'll be happy to pick up the next in the series.

7 comments:

  1. Nice review Joy!

    Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Looks like an intersting book. I've never read anything by this author before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Joy. The collection of serial killer memorabilia is not new to me, although I hadn't really given it a whole lot of thought before reading this book. I never realized to what extent people might go. I did a little research after finishing the book just to see how true it was. It's a fun series. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teddy ~ Thanks! Also, thanks for stopping by. :)

    Crystal ~ His debut, The Hundredth Man, was published in 2005. There are already 4 in this series!

    Literary Feline ~ Oh my! I didn't do any research, so I'm taking your word for it. That's just plain disgusting! Ewww I think I need to keep my fiction reading just that ... fiction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds kind of neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll like the 3rd one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myutopia ~ It was something I had never heard of, so it was interesting.

    Suzi ~ I imagine I will. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!