Thursday, January 03, 2008

Chunkster Challenge 2008

COMPLETED: April, 2008


OH MY GOODNESS!
This challenge has been haunting me ever since it was announced for I am deathly afraid of "chunksters". (And not afraid to admit it.) However, as I was looking through my TBR list and books read I discovered I have read several books chunkster-size and have survived, so I was in consideration mode. THEN, as I breezed through my current challenges . . . I discovered that I already have 3 lined up! So, here I am, posting another challenge I will be participating in. I need some air.
(4 - at least 450 pps books/January - December, 2008)



POSSIBILITIES:


A Thousand Bones (Parrish)


New Moon (Meyer)


The Invention of Hugo Cabret (Selznick)


Blankets (Thompson)


The House at Riverton (Morton)


The Winter Rose (Donnelly)
Not gonna happen!


Ashes to Ashes (Hoag)


A Prayer for Owen Meany (Irving)


The Slave Ship: A Human History (Rediker)

11 comments:

  1. Lord knows I have one or two or so 'chunksters' on Mt Git'r'Read. Hmmmmmm.......maybe, just one more challenge.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe, Joy, Breathe . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he...I wan't going to do this one either but I have a bunch of chunksters TBR anyway.

    I think you and I should have a cup of tea on the sidelines and stop joining challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be scared; the water's fine!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie ~ LOL I think we all need help. :)

    Suzi ~ Thanks! I need a reminder every now and then. :)

    Amy ~ Sounds delightful! Let's go!

    I only had to add one (and it's one I want to read for the Non-Fiction Five Challenge), so my grand total doesn't change too much. Whew!

    3M ~ The water may be fine, but I think it may be too deep . . . I might drown.

    Evidently, that wasn't too great a concern because I have jumped in with two feet! SPLASH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are joining in, Joy! I was worried I wouldn't have enough big enough crossover books to meet the conditions of this challenge, but it turned out I did. Whew! I don't think I would have been able to join otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Literary Feline ~ Hopefully there's not another one or two lurking in my challenge lists. I don't think I could handle the pressure. :)

    I look forward to seeing what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. if it helps at all, Owen Meany won't feel long, it's very wonderful.

    And you don't actually have to finish the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raidergirl3 ~ It helps!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marg ~ Thanks! I'm getting more settled into the idea - mainly because I have 12 months! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!