Monday, July 28, 2008

18th Challenge Completed!

The Man Booker Challenge was one that gave its participants the freedom to choose how many books they wanted to read during the year.  I chose 6.  My choices ended up running the whole gamut of my rating scale rendering this challenge an interesting one.

Thank you Dewey from The Hidden Side of a Leaf for hosting this challenge!


Man Book Challenge Reads:

The Other Side of the Bridge (Lawson) ~ 2006 Longlist
The God of Small Things (Roy) ~ 1997 Winner
The Gathering (Enright) ~ 2007 Winner
The Atonement (McEwan) ~ 2001 Shortlist
The Remains of the Day (Ishiguro) ~ 1989 Winner
Purple Hibiscus (Adichie) ~ 2004 Longlist


Here is my original list of books with links to my thoughts.


Favorite:
The Other Side of the Bridge (Lawson)

Least Favorite:
The Gathering (Enright)

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...how on earth do you do it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi ~ With lots of cross-challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teddy Rose ~ Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!