Monday, February 09, 2009

THE PLAIN JANES

Author: Cecil Castellucci
Genre: YA Graphic Novel, Series #1
Published: 2007
Personal Rating: 2.5/5
Yearly Count: 19



After a catastrophe in the city, Jane and her family move to the suburbs. Jane has a difficult time with this and struggles with fitting in at her new school. Once she adjusts a bit, she gets an idea for a club and it takes off.

This short graphic novel didn't quite interest me. I felt it was choppy and while I believe there were times it was supposed to be poignant - it fell short. Many other readers loved this, but it just wasn't my thing.

4 comments:

  1. Uh oh...I've got this one checked out of the library right now. I'll certainly still give it a go. And you know, sometimes it's nice to have one's expectations lowered a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi ~ It is regarded highly, so read away! :) And, it definitely won't take much of your time anyway. I think you'll like it way more than I did. There are particular things I didn't care for within the story line that don't bother other readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't like it... I bought it recently and it's waiting until its turn comes, whenever that may be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna ~ It's a quick read, so when you need a break from deeper reading. However, there is a message within the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!