Sunday, August 16, 2009

DEATH, CHEATED (8 of 22)

Author: James Grippando - Edited by Linda Fairstein
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: The Prosecution Rests, 2009
Personal Rating: 3.75/5 (better than good)
(ss) Yearly Count: 33


The ex-girlfriend of attorney Jack Swyteck asks if he would represent her as she is being sued for a million and a half dollars.

This story is a great introduction to Jack Swyteck, who is a criminal defense lawyer in a series written by Grippando. There weren't any fabulous twists or gripping dialog, but I enjoyed the solid writing style and Jack.

3 comments:

  1. I had a chance to read one book in Grippando's series a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it. I've been curious about this short story collection as it's got a few authors that I like or have been wanting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literary Feline ~ I'm not sure if I read one in the series or not, but I will in the future. I have been loving this collection. I'm reading it very slowly (in-between other books) and look forward to a new story and new author every time. I think I only recognized 2 or 3 in the whole collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has been nominated in the Best Thriller/Mystery category for BBAW. Can you email me at trish.browning@gmail.com as soon as possible with your email address? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!