Saturday, August 22, 2009

Taking Care of Business

I have been extremely busy and have absorbed too many Google Reader subscriptions lately that I have neglected my regular commenting and even posting on my own blog! I've been barely able to keep up with posting my thoughts on the books I've read, let alone any other business. So, today I'm going to catch up a bit with a couple of things where I've dropped the ball.


First, Book Dragon from Book Dragon's Lair, presented me with this Lemonade Award on June 15th!


Book Dragon's header:

BOOK DRAGON'S LAIR
BECAUSE A BOOK IS A TREASURE WORTH PROTECTING

I think most of us book lovers can relate to that!
Book Dragon hosts 4 challenges and participates in many, so you may have already been introduced to her. If not, please stop by and say hello.

Thank you, Book Dragon! I'm sorry for the delay.



AND . . .





I was totally shocked to receive an e-mail that I have been nominated for BBAW. The category is Best Thriller/Mystery/Suspense/Crime Blog! Thank you so much to the {{{person}}} that nominated me. I'm very grateful and love the fact that someone likes to read my thoughts on the books I read. It's an honor to be nominated. Thank you!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award and your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Joy!!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Joy! You really deserve the nomination for this particular genre!!!

    And I really like the new look of your blog. What did you change it? Another thing, it didn't take as long to load as it used to.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well deserved awards!! I have had trouble posting as regularly on my blog and commenting on other blogs as well. It's been a busy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Joy! I'll be rooting for you! I also LOVE your new page!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Joy-- so well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Joy!!! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Joy, I love your new header. So very classy! I want to steal it, but wouldn't your title look funny on my blog? I love it that much.

    Congrats on your awards and nomination. Totally deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new look. Congratulations on your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the new look, too! That blue is really eye-catching.

    Congrats on the award and nomination, Joy. I think Thriller/Mystery/Suspense/Crime is a great category for you! Somehow I fell into the non-fiction category but withdrew my name since only 25% of my reads are non-fiction. Guessing I got the nom because of the NFF Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bermudaonion ~ Thank you!

    Lezlie ~ Thanks!

    Mary ~ Thank you. I was very surprised to say the least. I can say it is one of my favorite genres.

    Bonnie ~ Thank you. Even though I say very little on other blogger's posts, I still miss it. I'll be cleaning (Google Reader) house soon.

    Missy ~ Thanks for the root and the compliment. :) It's a little summery looking, but I like it anyway.

    Diane ~ Thank you very much.

    Vickie ~ Thank you, Vickie.

    Charley ~ Thanks!

    Booklogged ~ LOL LOL LOL (Your comment really did make me laugh out loud.) Your blog is beautiful just the way it is! :)

    Thanks for the congrats, too.

    Nicole ~ Thank you on both accounts. :)

    Trish ~ Thank you!

    I'm sure it felt good to be nominated anyway, huh? :) I would have read more T/M/S/C this year, but I got swept away with ARCs, which mainly were fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the nomination, Joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on those awards and nominations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Iliana ~ Thank you! It was very kind of somebody.

    BookJourney ~ Thanks for stopping by and giving your congrats.

    Staci ~ Thank you, Staci. I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!