Monday, November 30, 2009

THE CHRISTMAS LIST

Author: Richard Paul Evans
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2009
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 138


In the throws of a divorce, James Kier is presented with his obituary in the local newspaper. He then reads unfavorable comments regarding his person on the internet. After some thought, he absorbs the shame and tries to make amends.

There was nothing fanciful about this Christmas story. It was a realistic, enjoyable and interesting book. I thought James's transition from "bad" to "good" had substance and was done very well. Listening to this book added a great deal of pleasure - the narrator did a fabulous job of not making James seem soft after he had a change of heart. I could imagine him very clearly and was able to feel his emotions.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked Evans' other books, so I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see if I can get the audiobook from my library. Nice review, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad u liked this book. I loved it. I also enjoyed his last year's holiday book Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Looks like a good, quick read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear the latest by this author is good...I haven't bought my copy yet but know I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bermudaonion ~ I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you like his others.

    Mary ~ I hope you get it. I look forward to your thoughts.

    Diane ~ I liked this one more than Grace. Isn't it fun reading holiday books, though?!

    Stacybuckeye ~ Yep! :)

    Kris ~ I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!