Friday, December 04, 2009

THE CHRISTMAS SWEATER

Author: Glenn Beck
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Yearly Count: 140



Based on his own life, Glenn Beck tells the story of "Eddie" when he was 12-years-old and looking forward to receiving a bike for Christmas.

This was a very emotional book. At the times when I believed it was a true story, I really felt for Eddie and was touched by his story. However, during the times when it was beyond my experience and felt unrealistic and hokey - I didn't like it. Overall, I enjoyed the message.

I listened to Glenn Beck read this audiobook, and it was waaaaay too dramatic for my taste. If I had a "do-over," I would read it.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting. I didn't realize this is based on his own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My book club just picked this for our December read. I wasn't too excited but I don't think I'll mind picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been over a week since your last post. I hope you're just busy and not sick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bermudaonioin ~ I didn't either. It also is available in a children's book. They are both highly regarded.

    Maw Books ~ I look forward to your thoughts. I think you'll like it.

    Les ~ Thank you for noticing. It's actually been another week before I could even respond to this comment! Ahhhh!

    I have been busy! I started working outside the home again in the middle of November. I miss (beyond words) the time to read, blog and visit on the internet. However, I am elated to be teaching again. This job was God-sent, and I couldn't be happier. So, I will just have to do all I can while on break for the holidays. When we go back, I'm hoping that my work routine will begin to stay at work, so I can do more playing at home. :)

    Again, thanks for the comment - I appreciate it, Les. I hope you have an extra special Holiday Season this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could I not notice?! I was actually beginning to get worried. Glad you're not ill, but just busy with your new job. I sure know how it goes, trying to find a balance between work, home life and blogging. Not to mention, finding time to read. You'll find your rhythm and be back in the swing of things in a few weeks, I'm sure.

    Maybe now I have a chance to catch up with you with the # of books you'll read in 2010!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!