Saturday, December 26, 2009

SLAY RIDE

Author: Chris Grabenstein
Genre: Thriller, Series #1
Published: 2006
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 143



The lives of Scott Wilkinson (business man), Christopher Miller (FBI agent specializing in kidnappings) and Nicolai Kyznetsoff (cab driver - formerly KGB agent) cross paths during the holiday season.

Families, stolen diamonds, revenge, murder, Russian Mob, kidnapping and fast-paced storytelling are other aspects of the book. I enjoyed it. It certainly makes one rethink about "complaining."

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I love the title too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book a lot when I read it about 2 years ago. It even made my Top 10 list (like #10) that year...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:48 AM

    I love thrillers. Adding this to list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed SLAY RIDE. Some day, I will write the third book in the series NEW YEAR'S EVIL!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bermudaonion ~ It was good. I hope you get a chance to read it.

    Diane ~ I can see how this could make a Top 10 list. :)

    Stacybuckeye ~ Even though the setting is during the holiday season, it could be read any time.

    Author Chris ~ What?! I didn't know this was part of a series! I knew it was outside of the Ceepak and Boyle books, but not a new series.

    I just looked it up - Hell for the Holidays is #2! I remember seeing that book. Well, I'm happy to know that your plan is to continue with #3. I will change my post to indicate that it is a series.

    I've only read Tilt-A-Whirl of the Ceepak series and enjoyed that one as well. I have Mad House on my To Be Read shelf and really look forward to reading it. I love the sparks of humor.

    Thank you for your contribution to my love of reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my kind of Christmas story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Literary Feline ~ I think you'd like it. Maybe you can put it on your must reads list for next Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!