Friday, January 21, 2011

THE REVERSAL

Author: Michael Connelly
Genre: Legal Mystery,
Mickey Haller Series #3
Published:  2010
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count: 5



From the Author's Website:

Defense attorney Mickey Haller changes sides to prosecute the high-profile retrial of a
     child murderer, with LAPD Detective Bosch as lead investigator.

I really enjoyed the mixture of the law and police procedural, but overall it wasn't riveting.  I loved the premise, which was based on Mickey's law profession; however, that may have caused a lack of suspense.  There just wasn't anything that surprised me or kept me on the edge of my seat.  The depth of individualized characterization was hampered even with the intertwining of both their personal lives.  I didn't feel like they showed enough of their character, in general.  Ultimately, I did enjoy it, because I like legal mysteries, but was a little let down.  I'm still looking forward to the next installment, though.  :)





My thanks go to Miriam from Hachette Book Group for sending me this audiobook.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so behind in reading Connelly's books. Ugh. I hope to get to this one eventually but it probably won't be for a long while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the characterization wasn't better in this one, but I'd still give it a try - I do enjoy Connelly's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read this series..not sure if I'm into police procedural or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literary Feline ~ I'm trying to stay on top of this series. I'm waaaay behind on his other.

    Bermudaonion ~ I hope the next is better.

    Staci ~ It doesn't seem to be a genre you are drawn to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!