Sunday, March 06, 2011

THE HUMAN BOBBY

Author: Gabe Rotter
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 4.5/5 (excellent)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  16



From Goodreads*:
A page-turning story of the unraveling of one man's seemingly perfect life and his struggle to get it back.

I am doing the happy dance!!! Oh yes I am. I love page-turners, and this one was just that. I read it in two sittings, but it could certainly be read in one.  So be careful, you may be reading well past your bedtime, if you pick it up too late in the day.

What else? Well, I really, really liked the main character (love first person narrations) and really liked most of the others, but I loved the twists and turns. There were some predictable parts, but I was never sure if they were going to come to pass, so I'm dismissing that. And . . . the story line was very intriguing. All the makings for my first Best Read of 2011. Woo! The happy dance continues!





*I usually only use a publisher's or author's description of a book when I have read an ARC/eGalley. This book does not fall in that category, but I resorted to the description from Goodreads because I didn't want to give anything away, and I thought it was perfect.

12 comments:

  1. ahh I've had this on my to-be-reviewed pile for a while and haven't gotten to it but I've heard lots of good things. Looks like I really need to fit it in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny ~ Squeeze it in! :) It's a quick read even without it being a page-turner.

    Bermudaonion ~ I'm so glad I picked it up! A great read was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. You loved it. Kathy loved it. I think Bookfool loved it. I'm going to have to find a copy and read it ASAP! I want to do a happy dance, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:09 PM

    I'm making a note of this one since it made you do the happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I leave a comment already? I thought I did, but now I'm not sure! Anyhoo, you and Bookfool have both got me interested in this book. We don't have a copy at work, but I'll check the library. sounds like one I'd enjoy! I'd love to join you in your happy dance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've definitely sold me on reading this one. I hadn't heard of it before but I'll be picking it up from the library soon. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Les ~ I'd love for you to join me in the happy dance! Please get it soon.

    And, sorry I didn't post your comment sooner. I've been out of the country, out of the state and out of the city for weeks and weeks! I haven't been online or reading very much at all. :( However all the traveling has been fun stuff!!! :)

    Stacybuckeye ~ I hope you get to it. It's fun doing the happy dance!

    Samantha ~ Did you read it yet?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries. I knew you had been out of the country last month, but didn't realize you were gone again. Anywhere fun?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Les ~ I wrote too much here, so I cut and pasted it into an email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You loved it so much and that means I really must read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Staci ~ I hope you get to it and like it as much as I did. It has a bit of quirkiness to it that was intriguing to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!