Sunday, April 24, 2011

THE CROSSROADS CAFE

Author:  Deborah Smith
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2006
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format:  Book/eBook - Kindle
Yearly Count:  27


From the back cover:
A beautiful woman, scarred for life.
A tortured man, seeking redemption.
Brought together by fate in a small town high in the majestic Appalachian mountains.
Live.  Love.  Believe.
Beauty is in the lie of the beholder.


If you love southern and sappy with a touch of living what you preach lessons, this is the perfect book for you. The main characters Cathy and Thomas were okay.  I liked Thomas more, even though he got a little cooky, too.  I love to be surprised in books, but there were none to be had in this one.  It was extremely predictable.  However, the writing was good, the story was told well and everybody's happy - including me!  I have fulfilled a promise.  Check.  Finally!






My thanks go to Bell Bridge Books and LibraryThing for sending me this book.


6 comments:

  1. An interesting conundrum. Predictable story, but well written with likable characters. I like those, too, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie ~ Happy Easter! This one has received high ratings on Amazon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can handle predictable as long as the writing is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci ~ I enjoyed her writing, but in general, I just prefer other genres.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:45 PM

    I've read a few other Deboriah Smith books and really liked them. Southern and sappy is a good description of all of her books, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacybuckeye ~ I had to be in the mood to read this, so it took a long time to get through. That had nothing to do with her ability to write, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!