Tuesday, April 05, 2011

THE SCENT OF RAIN AND LIGHTNING

Author: Nancy Pickard
Genre: Mystery, Standalone
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  21



Jody Linder, a 25-year-old teacher in her hometown, is faced with the realization that the man accused of killing her father is being released from prison after 23 years due to circumstantial evidence and is moving back home while he awaits his new trial.

I originally picked this one up because I thought I had a printed copy on my TBR shelves and that it was a non-mystery/thriller. Unfortunately, I found out later that the shelved Pickard book I have is a different title, and this one turned out to be a mystery. So I missed on both accounts, but thought it was good nonetheless.

However, it was nothing special to me, mainly because the events were a little on the "too much" side of the reality spectrum.  I did want to know the outcome, though, but wasn't biting at the bit to get there, either.  It did keep my mind busy as I busied my hands with other chores for which I am grateful.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review - I don't think I'll hunt this one down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:57 PM

    I haven't read this one yet, but my mystery group did read VIRGIN OF SMALL PLAINS by this author. We all liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ I saw that someone else just reviewed this and loved it, so you may like it more than me.

    Kay ~ That's the book I have! So it's a mystery, too?! I was under the impression that her books were more along the line of women's fiction. Oops! I still am interested in reading Virgin of Small Plains, and I'm glad to hear that you all liked it. That's encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover and even though this one didn't entirely knock your socks off I hope the other title you have by this author will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staci ~ Thanks, Staci. I'm hoping so, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about this author but have yet to pick up one of her books. I'll have to give her a try at some point but I think I'll make sure to just pick it at the library and not buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha.1020 ~ The library is always a good choice. If you love it, then you can buy it for your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!