Friday, May 13, 2011

THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY

Author:  Agatha Christie
Genre:  Mystery, Miss Marple Series #2
Published:  1942
Personal Rating:  3.25/5 (just okay +)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  36


A body is found in the library of a well-respected couple.  Who is she and why is she in their library are questions that come to their mind.  Miss Marple is invited to help solve the mystery.

It was nice to get back to an Agatha novel, but I didn't think it was anything special.  I do like how Miss Marple thinks, though.  I'd like to give another one of Agatha Christie's series a chance soon, because most of the Miss Marple books (and short stories) have been just so-so.  I know that I have really enjoyed a couple of Agatha Christie's standalones, so I'm eager to try something different.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know if you're trying to read Christie in order or not--but my favorite Miss Marple novels have been...4:50 From Paddington and The Moving Finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky ~ Thank you, Becky. My plan was to listen to them every now and then, and if I could get them in order great, but if not that was okay, too. Is it necessary/important to go in order? I'll listen to the ones you suggested if not. Currently I have 2 others in audio - the first in Hercule Poirot: The Mysterious Affair at Styles (listened to one later in the series and loved it) and the first in Tommy & Tuppence: The Secret Adversary (haven't met them yet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Since I've only read 2 Christie novels so far I haven't met Miss Marple yet but I've enjoyed Hercules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacybuckeye ~ While I like Miss Marple, it seems that I only think of her stories as okay. I want to try the ones Becky suggested, but also get to some others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Agatha Christie and hope to eventually read everything that she has written. I've yet to read a Miss Marple book though but hopefully I'll remedy that soon. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hang my head in shame because I have only read 1 AC book, but I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to meeting Miss Marple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha.1020 ~ I'm looking forward to more Christie, too.

    Staci ~ Well, the good news is that you have lots and lots to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!