Saturday, May 14, 2011

J. EDGAR HOOVER

Author: Rick Geary
Genre: Graphic Biography, Series
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Format: Book
Yearly Count:  37



The life of J. Edgar Hoover (creator of the FBI) is explored in detail.

Geary delivered what I had hoped for in the last graphic biography; however, I was a bit more interested in this person.  I could relate to and easily understand everything that was going on, as well as, learn a few historical facts. What was most interesting was that there was mention of The Freedom Riders, and I just learned about them a couple of weeks ago on Oprah, so I knew what was being referred to.  (It's incredible to me how much I do not know!)  Yay for Geary!

3 comments:

  1. Now I wouldn't mind reading about Hoover in Graphic form...I'll be looking out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci ~ I love Geary. He makes learning so easy and interesting.

    Bermudaonion ~ It was! Graphic novels are a great break between novels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!