Friday, July 15, 2011

BEST STAGED PLANS

Author:  Claire Cook
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  2.25/5 (not enjoyable +)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  59


Sandy, a professional home stager, wants to downsize and move.  Her husband and son are reluctant to do the work required to get the house ready for sale.  Frustrated Sandy takes on a new, temporary job in the same area as her recently wedded daughter, so she stays there while working.      

This is clearly not my preferred genre!  My daughter and I went on a road trip to Chicago and were totally bored with this whole book.  She exclaimed, "No plot - nothing's happening."  I agreed.


9 comments:

  1. I read this in print and really enjoyed it - I wonder if it lost something in the audiobook translation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:49 AM

    I picked up one of her books at the thrift shop and just recently gave it to our local library...I tried to finish it but it wasn't my thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ One can only hope.

    Danielle ~ I hope authors understand that it's not necessarily about their writing as a craft that we dislike, but the genre itself. Of course, it could be the writing, but I think you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just may not be your genre Joy! I enjoyed this one and could see that the narration could effect the message on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie ~ I have seen that it has received high ratings from a variety of sources and I seriously don't understand. I think part of the problem was that we really thought it was going to be more about staging homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read a couple of Cook's novels and I haven't been very impressed. I'll skip this one for sure! Doesn't sound like it's my cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Les ~ I've discovered that I really need substance in my reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmmm...could it have been the audio? That is the question I have to ask only because a few friends have read this one and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Staci ~ Nooooo, Staaaaaci. It wasn't the audio! (you audio-hater you) *BIG GRIN* Honestly, I think it was a matter of our expectations. We were expecting one thing and got something totally different. I think those that like this genre, in general, will like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!