Tuesday, November 22, 2011

LOST IN SHANGRI-LA

Author: Mitchell Zuckoff
Genre: Non-Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2011
Personal Rating: 3.75 (Good +)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count: 98


In May, 1945, a sightseeing trip over New Guinea brings devastation when the plane crashes, leaving only 3 of the 24 passengers (soldiers and WACs - women's army corp) alive.  Due to their injuries and the natives, their exit out of the jungle was dubious.

This trip gone awry was an interesting look into the tribal customs of the natives and the rescue mission.  Although, I was not riveted or eagerly awaiting my return to the audio after each listening period.  There were just too many details that were of no interest to me.  Overall, the story was worth the listen, though.


5 comments:

  1. A friend of mine read this book and has been raving about it ever since. I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavily detailed books are hard for me on audio, especially when of no interest, but I still have this one on my radar. Think my library might have a copy.

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful thanksgiving Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ It's a worthy read. I think you'll like it.

    Trish ~ Hey you! :) The facts were of no interest to me, but you may think they enhance the story. I hope that's the case!

    I think I have about 8 of your posts to catch up on. Eek!

    Your little munchkin had her first Thanksgiving! How exciting! And, there's more holiday fun ahead. All the best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this one sounded good. Actually something my husband may enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staci ~ My husband added it to his iPhone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!