Sunday, November 13, 2011

THE STRANGER YOU SEEK

Author: Amanda Kyle Williams
Genre: Thriller, Keye Street Series #1
Published: 2011
Personal Rating: 4.5/5 (excellent)
Format: Book
Yearly Count:  95


From the ARC Cover:

A serial killer is tormenting Atlanta, writing letters to the media, promising to slay again. Under pressure before another victim dies, the Atlanta Police Department turns to Keye Street, a disgraced FBI profiler who is now chasing down bail jumpers, doing some (very) odd detective work, and trying to stay off the bottle. While Keye tries to make the elusive connection between the victims and one of the South's grisliest, most skillful serial killers, the stranger she seeks may be far closer than she realizes.

Woo hoo! I found myself another series to follow! It's graphic (very Karin Slaughter-like) and on occasion, a bit shocking, and like Slaughter, held together with a solid plot. There were surprising twists and turns, some wit and some interesting characters and relationships, too.  My only complaint was that sometimes I would feel a jolt in the flow.  I thought I had missed something and would go back to find I had not. The holes would eventually be filled in, so once I caught on to her writing style, I was fine. Can't wait for the next one!





My thanks go to Random House Publishing Group and Self Awareness for sending me this ARC!

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like one I'd love too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ I wish I could start the second one now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Finally, a book that you loved that I have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci ~ Yay! I hope you love it, too! Then we can really do the happy dance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:36 PM

    I have an ARC of this one. All you had to say was "Slaughter". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, hey! I love Karin Slaughter's style and love finding new-to-me authors/series. Thanks for the cranium's up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this one is on my shelf. I'm so glad to see you rate it so high. That means it's probably a winner for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoohoo! This sounds like a winner! Is it like Cody's style?? Man, I wish he'd come out with something soon, don't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Another great series to read! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kay ~ I look forward to your thoughts, Kay. Hurry!

    Vickie ~ "Cranium's up" you are such a stitch.

    SuziQoregon ~ I imagine you will, too.

    Les ~ I can't even remember Cody's style it's been so long! My numerous attempts to contact him came back with no response, so he's obviously wrapped up in his life and not his career as a writer at the moment. :( But, anyway, I think you'd enjoy this book, too.

    Stacybuckeye ~ I'm eagerly awaiting the next! It's going to be a long wait, but I'm eager nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing up my review today. Thanks for the introduction to this new author. I loved the book and can't wait for the next two! Great ending, eh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, I can't remember the ending at the moment. Eek! I'm so glad you loved it, though. I look forward to your thoughts.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!