Tuesday, June 10, 2014

LONG GONE

Author:  Alafair Burke
Genre:  Thriller, Standalone
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Tamara Marston
Yearly Count:  43


After finally landing her dream job as an art gallery manager and proving herself through a successful show, Alice goes to work one day to find the gallery empty!  The only thing left behind was a dead body.  Alice becomes the center of a homicide investigation.

This was somewhat of a complex storyline and a little confusing at times, but I was still interested.  It didn't have me glued, but I was curious as to why and how this happened.  There were a few bits and pieces of the storyline that I didn't care for, but the worst thing of all was the language.  I suppose reading it wouldn't have been so bad, but I hated the foul language and almost made it a DNF because of it.  Can't say I'm glad I continued, but I did.

Thoughts of Joy

4 comments:

  1. I read this one last year but never ended up sharing my thoughts on it. I am trying to remember if the language was an issue for me as well....I honestly don't remember. I have read other books by her and enjoyed them more than this one. I do remember that :) thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha ~ I don't remember the language anymore either! LOL In general, I just don't think it's necessary.

      Delete
  2. Hm. I've heard good things about Alafair but haven't found the one book that makes me want to read her. This certainly won't be it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ LOL I think I've read 2 or 3, and I have not been overly impressed. : /

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!