Sunday, December 31, 2023

Best Reads of 2023

 


This was not a very good year on many levels - not bad, just not very good.  I read a decent amount, but my ratings were very indicative of my enjoyment - averaging a 3.16 for the year.  On the positive side, a "3" really isn't that bad.  It's actually "just okay" in my book.  However, I would like to read more 4 star books this coming year.  My main goal is to read even more books off my shelves.  I did pretty good this year and hope to continue that trend.  Let's just hope I discover more 4 star and up books hidden there!  :)


These are my Best Reads that I rated 4/5 and up this year:



1.  Ballad of Sophie (Melo & Cavia) ~ graphic novel, 4.25/5

Ballad for Sophie



2.  Finding Me (Davis) ~ memoir, 4/5

Finding Me



3.  Daisy Jones and The Six (Reid) ~ fiction, 4.25/5

Daisy Jones & The Six



4.  Then She Was Gone (Jewell) ~ thriller, 4/5

Then She Was Gone



5.  I'm Glad My Mom Died (McCurdy) ~ memoir, 4/5

I'm Glad My Mom Died



6.  The Whispers (Audrain) ~ fiction, 4/5

The Whispers



7.  Bath Haus (Vernon) ~ thriller, 4.25/5  

Bath Haus


2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing good things about I'm Glad My Mom Died. I saw an interview with the author that makes me want to read it even more, so I might have to pick that one up. I do hope to read Finding Me this year. I hope 2024 will be a better year for you, Joy! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there! Oh my goodness, it was so nice of you to comment! :) I frequent YouTube now, so I don't get around to blogs anymore, but obviously still keep my blog up-to-date. How are you? If I remember correctly, you have a little girl. She must be close to 10 maybe??? Wow. Time flies.

      As you read above, my reading has only been satisfactory. I hope yours has been better. I'm really looking forward to the books I have chosen as "Must Reads" for 2024. I'm hoping for 4s and up! May your reading year be filled with fabulous books, too! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!