Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January Reads


 

1.  No One Can Know (Marshall) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), Audiobook, Thriller, NetGalley

My first book of 2024 turned out to be boring. 🥱  I was interested at first, but then it became a finger pointing game. It was this person, it was that person, no … it was the other person. It wasn’t bad.  I just didn’t like the style of mystery solving.  1-2-24



2.  The Heiress (Hawkins) ~ 4/5 (very good), Audiobook, Family Drama, NetGalley

I was intrigued from the beginning and that continued through to the end.  I did predict several plot twists, but still enjoyed the process of each reveal.  It had The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo vibe, which I loved, so that was a plus.  The audio was performed impressively.  1-8-24



3.  Listen for the Lie (Tintera) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Mystery, NetGalley

The storyline was pretty good, and I liked the podcast element.  But, while the sarcastic/snarky comments by a couple characters were entertaining, listening to the repetitive 'voice' was ridiculous to me.  Had I actually read the physical copy, I may have felt differently.  1-11-24



4.  Seven Exes (Vine) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), ebook, Chick Lit, NetGalley

I think I would like this plot with other characters.  I just didn't care for anybody, so I didn't care about what happened.  Maybe I simply was not the right audience.  I did finish it, though, and liked the ending.  There's that.  :)  1-13-24



5.  Fourth Wing (Yarros) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Romantasy

Ahhh.  I wish I loved this like most readers, but it just isn't my genre of choice.  There were some parts I liked, but more that I didn't.  The language was definitely atrocious, but the storyline itself was okay, and the ending was decent.  I won't be jumping into Iron Flame in the near future.  1-17-24



6.  The Passengers (Marrs) ~ 4.25/5 (very good +), Book, Thriller, Bookclub

This was so good!  I was invested in everybody's story, and I loved how it was told.  It was filled with twists that were interesting, very thought-provoking topics and lots of suspense.  I didn't care for all the political chatter - at all.  And, the romance was a tad bit too quick, but I understand it in relation to the storyline.  I can't wait to read more of Marr's backlist.  1-19-24



7.  Bye, Baby (Lovering) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Thriller (?), NetGalley

This was okay.  It wasn't compelling, but it was an okay time.  There were a lot of side issues contributing to the full story that took away from the focus.  Definitely not a thriller.  1-23-24



8.  My Lovely Wife (Downing) ~ 4/5 (very good), Audiobook, Thriller

Finally got to this book.  I really enjoyed the storyline, but didn't buy in 100%.  1-30-24



9.  Movie Star:  They Always Say They're Single (Simpson) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), Audiobook, Memoir

This was a short story of a very basic relationship after the author's divorce.  (read for a challenge)  1-30-24


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!