Sunday, December 31, 2023

December Reads



72.  Hemlock (Modglin) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, romantic suspense, NetGalley

I enjoyed the first half more than the second, but still had a good time listening.  I felt like the distance between the two timelines was sometimes indistinguishable.  It took a minute or so to figure where I was whenever I picked it up.
12-3-23



73.  The River at Night (Ferencik) ~ 3/5 (just okay), audiobook, thriller

This was just okay.  The storyline turned a little more unrealistic than I like.  12-7-23



74.  The Guest (Paris) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, thriller, NetGalley

I was interested in where the story was going.  The twist didn't surprise me, but I didn't guess it either.  I definitely liked it more than The Prisoner and look forward to more.  Paris is an auto-pickup for me.
12-10-23



75.  Lovelight Farms (Borison) ~ 3/5 (just okay), audiobook, romance

I think I smiled twice.  I could do without the spicy scenes.  12-13-23



76.  Faking Christmas (Steel) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), audiobook, romance

This was a good story.  I enjoyed the relationship and the banter.  The only thing I did not like was the nicknames.  That got old very fast!  Other than that, it was a cute story.  12-16-23



77.  The Whispers (Audrain) ~ 4/5 (very good), book, fiction 

This kept me intrigued the whole way through.  I guessed one twist, but that didn't ruin the book.  I think this author is becoming an auto-buy for me!  12-18-23



78.  Christmas Presents (Unger) ~ 2/5 (eh), audiobook, thriller

I was never able to get invested in this story.  Didn't care for it at all.  12-20-23



79.  The Perfect Marriage (Rose) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), audiobook, thriller

This was really good until . . . .  There were several things that were so unbelievable that I laughed.  However, I don't think that was the intent.  :(  This would have had a higher rating for sure had those scenes been toned down.  12-24-23



80.  The Lie Maker (Barclay) ~ 3.5/5 (good), ebook, thriller

On the whole, I thought this was good.  It was fast paced, and I looked forward to reading it.  I can always count on Barclay to give me some enjoyable reading time.  12-24-23



81.  Bath Haus (Vernon) ~ 4.25/5 (very good +), book, thriller

This book definitely had content in it that I was not familiar with and frankly made me squirm a little, but it also kept me captivated.  I didn't want to put it down.  Fabulous way to end a very middle of the road reading year!  12-28-23



82.  Someone Had To Do It (Brown) ~ 3/5 (just okay), audiobook, thriller

Nothing special about this one.  I had a couple of issues with believability, but continued to listen.
12-29-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!