Thursday, February 29, 2024

February Reads


 

10.  Heartstopper #5 (Oseman) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), Book, YA Graphic Novel

Intimate relationships and life choices were the focus of this addition to the Heartstopper series.  2-3-24



11.  Yellowface (Kuang) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Fiction

It got a little boring and repetitive, but in general, it was an okay read.  I don't really understand the hype behind this one, but whatever.  I liked the ending.  2-6-24



12.  Every Last Fear (Finlay) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Thriller

I started losing interest about 1/2 way through.  It just seemed so slow and drawn out.  2-11-24



13.  The Family Game (Steadman) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Thriller

I prefer my reads to be based a little more in reality.  This landed middle of the road for me.  2-15-24



14.  The Last Party (Macintosh) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Mystery

I never really cared for anybody in this police procedural.  There were so many suspects that I couldn't even guess whodunnit if I wanted to.  I didn't care for the narrator, that could have contributed to my rating.  However, I did follow along and thought it was an okay read.  2-18-24



15.  Fierce Kingdom (Phillips) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Thriller

Too many questions!!!  The timeline wasn't clear to me.  It took too long for help to arrive or to even know of their presence.  There were a few very poor choices and some loose ends that annoyed me.  2-19-24



16.  First Lie Wins (Elston) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), ebook, Thriller, NetGalley

I would have given this a 4/5 (very good), if I didn't have to pay such close attention to the storyline.  There were many details, twists or info that needed to be followed.  However, I did like it, and I'm definitely interested in more by this author.  2-20-24



17.  Truly Devious (Johnson) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, YA Mystery

Not sure what the hype was about with this one.  I'm not interested in reading any more in this series.
2-24-24



18.  The Wishing Game (Schaffer) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), Book, Fiction

This was a sweet, feel good story.  I enjoyed it.  2-27-24


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!