Wednesday, August 06, 2008

THE WALKERS OF DEMBLEY

Author:  M. C. Beaton
Genre:  Cozy Mystery 
Published:  1995
Personal Rating:  3.5/5
Yearly Count:  102




Agatha Raisin moves back to her Cotswold cottage after being in London for 6 months.  Soon after being home, a leader of a walking group in a nearby village was murdered and Agatha was asked by a villager to assist in the investigation.  She accepts and snags her love interest and neighbor, James, to join her.  

I enjoyed this short, 4th addition to the series.  I don't recall any laugh-out-loud moments, but there was a mystery and Agatha to keep me entertained.
 

4 comments:

  1. I've never read any of this series Joy, but it does sound good. May have to check them out one day. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar ~ It took me a looooonnnng time to get accustomed to cozy mysteries and I'm now very satisfied with them. I have to be in the right frame of mind before starting one though. (It's difficult to switch from thrillers to cozies.) For me, the second in this series was the best so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agatha, huh? Anything at all to do with Agatha Christie? I don't think I've ever read a cozy mystery, but one day I'll have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish ~ Well, I have read that Agatha Raisin is similar to Miss Marple (I haven't read enough Miss Marple to concur), but other than that there is no connection.

    I'm not sure if I would start out with this series if you are new to cozy mysteries. While I have enjoyed them, there are others that I think would be better as an introduction to the genre. I would pick something you are interested in (ie: knitting, southern characters, scrapbooking, shopping, etc.) and search for a corresponding series. There are a million of them! I actually want to read a "coffeehouse" mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!