Thursday, June 30, 2022

June Reads


28.  Book Lovers (Henry) ~ 3.5/5 (good), book/bookclub

I don't have much to say about this, other than it was good.  It was easy to read, but I wasn't drawn to pick it up.  The romance portion wasn't overly cheesy or spicy, and it wasn't the sole focus of the book, which I liked.  They both had extremely quick wit, which I enjoyed, but it didn't feel real.  6-3-22



29.  Fence Vol. 1 (Pacat) ~ 3/5 (just okay), YA graphic novel, book

I learned some things about fencing, which was good.  6-3-22    



30.  Heartstopper Vol. 1 (Oseman) ~ 3.5/5 (good), YA graphic novel, book

I couldn't resist all the hype - had to try it.  It was a cute teen, gay romance.


 
31.  Fence Vol. 2 (Pacat) ~ 3/5 (just okay), YA graphic novel, book

Nothing to say.  6-5-22



32.  Fence Vol. 3 (Pacat) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), YA graphic novel, book

Finding out who was going to make the school team was a bit more exciting than the other two volumes.  6-12-22



33.  The House in the Cerulean Sea (Klune) ~ 4.75/5 (excellent +), YA book

This book was so delightful!  It gave me all the warm fuzzies.  It was filled with wicked humor, serious topics, joyous adventures and felt like a home away from home.  All the friends were so much fun.  I loved Klune's writing style.  6-17-22



34.  To Kill a Mockingbird (Fordham/Lee) ~ 4/5 (very good), YA graphic novel, book

I read this book many, many years ago, but ran across the graphic novel and thought I give it a re-read in another format.  It was done very well.  The graphics and flow of the story were very easy to follow.  6-19-22



35.  Fence Vol. 4 (Pacat) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), YA graphic novel, book

The team played against their rival.  6-20-22



36.  The Good Lie (Torre) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook

I was very invested in this one until a few things started to not make sense and those things remained even through to the end.  It was still a good read, but the storyline needed to be tightened up a bit.  6-20-22



37.  Heartstopper Vol. 2 (Oseman) ~ 3/5 (just okay), YA graphic novel, book

It was okay.  6-21-22



38.  Heartstopper Vol. 3 (Oseman) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), YA graphic novel, book

Deeper topics were brought to the surface.  6-22-22



39.  Heartstopper Vol. 4 (Oseman) ~ 3.5/5 (good), YA graphic novel, book 

Mental illness was explored.  6-22-22



40.  Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead (Cosimano) ~ 3/5 (just okay), book/bookclub

I wasn't in the mood for this, but read it for Bookclub.  It felt like a re-read of the first in this series.  I'm not interested in reading any more.  They are not bad, they just don't interest me at the moment - one was enough.  6-26-22 



Monthly - Yearly

Audiobooks:  1 - 14

Books:  12 - 22

eBooks:  0 - 4

New-to-Me Authors:  6 - 23

DNF:  0 - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!