Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August Reads


47.  The Swimmers (Otsuka) ~ 4/5 (very good), book

The first half of this book was excellent.  I loved the writing style and was curious as to where it was leading.  However, maybe, just maybe, I should have read the front flap, so I would have been prepared for the second half.  It was a close-to-home topic, and I ended the book in a sad mood.  8-3-22



48.  Notes on an Execution (Kukafka) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), audiobook

Interesting at the beginning, but ultimately, slow and boring.  8-7-22



49.  When Stars are Scattered (Mohamed & Jamieson), 4.5/5 (excellent), book

This was an excellent graphic memoir of two young boys from Somalia growing up in a refugee camp in Kenya.  I learned a thing or two from this children's book.  8-9-22



50.  Part of Your World (Jimenez), 3.75/5 (good +), book

I don't read a lot of books within this genre, but it was good.  I wanted to know the outcome, so I kept reading.  It was definitely good, but nothing spectacular.  8-12-22



American Dirt (Cummins) ~ DNF (did not finish), book/audiobook



51.  The Island (McKinty) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), audiobook, NetGalley

This cat and mouse story crossed the line into ridiculousness.  I didn't like much about it, but enough to see it through to the end.  I definitely liked The Chain more.  8-21-22



Beartown (Backman) ~ DNF (did not finish), book/audiobook

       


Monthly - Yearly

Audiobooks:  2 - 18

Books:  3 - 28

eBooks:  0 - 5

New-to-Me Authors:  3 - 30

DNF:  2 - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!