Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Reads















* Short Story (not counted)
BOLD titles made my Best Reads List



Clicking on a title will link you to "Thoughts of Joy...".




~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~




Monthly - Yearly Genre Stats:

Chick-Lit: 0 - 0
Classic: 0 - 0
Fiction: 2 - 6
Memoir: 1 - 1
Mystery/Police Procedural: 3 - 5
Non-Fiction: 0 - 0
Non-Fiction Graphic Novel: 0 - 1
Short Story Collection: 0 - 1
Suspense/Thriller: 1 - 5
True Crime: 1 - 1

YA Classic: 0 - 0
YA Fiction: 1 - 3
YA Graphic Novel: 0 - 0
YA Non-Fiction: 0 - 0
YA Science Fiction: 0 - 0
YA Short Collection: 0 - 1
YA Thriller: 0 - 1

Children's Fiction: 0 - 1
Children's Thriller: 0 - 0
Children's Sci-Fi/Fantasy: 0 - 0

Short Stories: 0 - 5

Audiobooks: 3 - 11
Books: 6 - 15
Total: 9 - 26

Best Reads: 0 - 0

Series: 2 - 8

DNF: 0 - 0

6 comments:

  1. No Best Reads this month??? I did purchase Push last week with my gift card...can't wait to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a good month --I just loved Little Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci beat me to it. No best reads, huh?

    From your list I've read:

    Shutter Island (loved it)

    Little Bee (liked it a bunch!)

    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (quite good, but the beginning bored me)

    Thanks for reminding me to get my list up before the next 3 months fly by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci ~ Oh good! I know you wanted to read it. I look forward to your thoughts! As for "No Best Reads," sad to say, that seems to be the theme for this year. :( I haven't read one "excellent" book yet! I've come close, but . . . it's disappointing nonetheless.

    Diane ~ I'm happy with my total. I actually read more than I listened. That was a surprise.

    Les ~ Oh, Les. I'm so sad. No "best reads" for me. I'm wondering if it's the change in my schedule and all the distractions it brings. Maybe I'm just not allowing myself to be submersed in a book and forgetting everything else. I don't know. On the other hand, maybe I just haven't read a book that makes me want to say it was "excellent" - maybe a combination of both. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll get your groove back. It's probably just a combination of the new schedule/pressures and not grabbing a winning book. I feel pretty lucky lately to have read so many good books. Devoured Anna Quindlen's new one and loved it. Loved Tana French's new book. I'm enjoying a Young Adult book called Ashes. Not sure if it's "great" but I'm looking forward to getting back to it. Peaks and valleys. That's life and reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Les ~ You are so right ~ there's a season for everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!