Friday, September 29, 2006

TITLE-BASED A ~ Z READS

Mission Accomplished!

I have completed my A ~ Z Title-Based journey and must say that it has been a real pleasure. With so many books to choose from, my plan went through several changes throughout the adventure. Ultimately, I have a much longer TBR list, broadened my horizons in genre, and I was able to accumulate 6 books to add onto my
BEST READS of 2006, which are indicated by the orange letter.

Also, I have read 17 new authors, several of which I will seek out again. That, in and of itself, has thoroughly inspired me to begin my
"NEW-TO-ME" AUTHOR-BASED journey. You can see the "Upcoming" books on the sidebar.




"A" ~ The Analyst (Katzenbach)

"B" ~
Bare Bones (Reichs)

"C" ~
Caught Stealing (Huston)

"C" ~
The Cat Who Could Read Backwards (Braun)

"D" ~
Dirty Blonde (Scottoline)

"D" ~
Digging to America (Tyler)

"E" ~
Every Living Thing (Rylant)

"F" ~
The Forgotten Man (Crais)

"G" ~
Gentlemen and Players (Harris)

"H" ~
The Husband (Koontz)

"I" ~
Ida B (Hannigan)

"J" ~
Judge and Jury (Patterson)

"K" ~
The Kindness of Strangers (Kittle)

"L" ~
Lucia, Lucia (Trigiani)

"M" ~
My Friend Leonard (Frey)

"N" ~
The Narrows (Connelly)

"O" ~
Our Classroom (Moorman)

"P" ~
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (Ryan)

"Q" ~
The Queen of the Big Time (Trigiani)

"R" ~
Red Leaves (Cook)

"S" ~
Skinny Dip (Hiaasen)

"S" ~
The Sunday Philosophy Club (McCall Smith)

"S" ~
The Saving Graces (Gaffney)

"S" ~
Susannah's Garden (Macomber)

"T" ~
Tonight I Said Goodbye (Koryta)

"U" ~
Unzipped (Greiman)

"V" ~
Vanish (Gerritsen)

"W" ~
Water for Elephants (Gruen)

"Y" ~
You Remind Me of Me (Chaon)

"Z" ~
Zero to the Bone (Eversz)




*Clicking on a title/author will link you to
"Thoughts of Joy..."

16 comments:

  1. I see you used the abridged alphabet ;-)

    X titles are tough and hard to find. I can't give mine a glowing recommendation - it was interesting, but to call it good would be a stretch.'

    Great list - there are several here on my TBR list now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea, to read books following this format. I'm sorry to say I haven't read too many from your list, although I've seen them on the shelves. Did you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi ~ LOL..."abridged alphabet"! I did find 3 "X" titles, but my library didn't carry any of them, so I didn't pursue it any further. In general, I don't purchase very many books, so I certainly didn't want to buy one that I really didn't want to read in the first place.

    Bellezza ~ Nice to see you out and about. :) I have indicated my favorites by the orange alphabet letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea and nice blog. Hope you don't mind my adding a link to it from Shelly's Book Shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Thanks to you and SuzieQ, I have started on my own A to Z list, both Titles and Authors. I may have to abridge my alphabet also. I see you have read some that are on my TBR list and they are in orange. Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog! I'm always so excited to see another book blog out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy, I recently moved and started school. I've been extremely busy getting into the new schedule and trying to get my apartment situated. I still haven't even started looking for a job; which needs to happen soon. Thanks for your concern; it's nice to know I'm missed. Hopefully I'll soon be able to make more time for reading and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Joy!

    Oh, and I asked you within my blog comments, but you must not have seen this . . . Would you like my copy of Lying With Strangers? It has a couple of folded places on the jacket (the parts that don't show, as they're folded inside the cover) but otherwise it's in great shape.

    Write me at nancytoes@earthlink.net with your snail mail if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first visit to your blog, Joy and I am sure it's going to be the first of many - just wanted to congratulate you on completeting your A-Z title-based journey -what an innovative way to read and discover new authors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly ~ I don't mind at all! I actually appreciate it. Thanks.

    Framed ~ I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    Bibliolatrist & Lotus ~ WELCOME! You may visit as often as you wish. I'm glad to have you. :)

    Alyson ~ Busy, busy, busy!!! Moving and starting school that's a big life change. Productive thoughts being sent your way.

    Bookfool ~ You are too kind! I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Joy, on acheiving a worthwhile goal. I'm impressed. You've introduced me to some interesting new titles and authors. Have you seen how Framed is doing her alphabet read. I admire you, SuziQ and Framed for your discipline. I'm still not sure I can do it, but I do have an title list ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Booklogged ~ Oh, you could do it! I'm not doing my list like SuziQ or Framed. They are following alphabetically; I'm doing mine randomly. I needed a little "wiggle" room. Also, my lists have approximately 4 choices for each letter. That way I can just pick up what suits my fancy at the time. :)

    There are no rules in playing this "game", so do it however you would like! You can also do the lists simultaneously or go backwards and start from "Z" or whatever other FUN way you come up with.

    It's just like your RIP Challenge in a sense. It stretches your mind, you venture out of your comfort zone, and with this challenge, you get introduced to new authors because you are on a 'hunt' to fill a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fantastic idea! I might just have to post a challenge like this on my own reading blog. It might just be what I need to get me through some of those books on my "to-read" list!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alyssa ~ I really enjoyed both the Title and Author-Based A ~ Z reads. I'm glad you like the idea! I hope it works out for you. Have fun and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sounds like fun. i am going to try doing this too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soleil ~ It was a lot of fun for me. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!